Custom Search

Friday, October 23, 2009

Garage Floor Tiles - An Easy Fix For a Dirty Garage Floor

Garage Floor Tiles

I have the perfect life. I am happily married, I run my own business, and I own my own home. And what a great home it is. Four bedrooms, two and a half baths, about 2000 square feet give or take. It gives us enough room for our bedroom, two spares, and an office. And then we also have a two car garage big enough to comfortably fit both of our vehicles without any trouble. What a great life.
Recently, however, I began to nit pick at the little things that I didn't like with my life. One of my primary frustrations was my garage. I spend a lot of time out there, working on projects, fixing the lawnmower, and generally do guy stuff. I also have a bi-weekly poker game that includes a lot of cigar smoking, beer drinking, and general debauchery. The garage also serves as my automotive center, as I do most of the general maintenance on the cars (can you believe how many people don't know how to change their oil these days!!). With all the time I spend in the garage, I could not believe how dirty the floor was. Not only does it accumulate dust and dirt generally, but there are oil stains, grease stains, and many other kinds of stains that are unidentifiable. Also, there are some minor cracks, chips, and things of that nature in the garage floor. It just doesn't look that good.
Probably just to give myself something to do, I looked into some options for resolving my garage floor problem. I looked at plain old garage floor paint, I looked at epoxy garage floor installation, and I stumbled upon garage floor tiles. Once I found out about garage floor tiles, there was no going back. First, they look great. You can arrange them in a checkered pattern, by a single color, or implement any kind of pattern you want. And when finished they look amazing. Second, they are very reasonably priced. I think something like one to two dollars per square yard, depending on the exact style and model you get. For under one hundred fifty dollars I outfitted my whole garage. And finally, the installation is a snap. The tiles go in very similarly to linoleum tiles. You simply put a little adhesive on, place them down, and move on to the next. I did the whole garage in under 5 hours, most of which was spent cutting the tiles that go next to the wall.
Once installed I was blown away with the transformation my garage experienced. It brightened up. It cleaned up. And it just looked more inviting. Not that I needed an excuse to spend more time in the garage, but these garage floor tiles really made a huge difference and pull me into the garage even more than they originally did. And the poker buddies love it.
If you are tired of the way your garage looks, and a lot of that can be attributed to the dirty, grimy condition of the floor, then consider garage floor tiles. You will not be disappointed, and neither will your buddies!
A Smith is a homeowner who discovered great garage floor tiles and wanted to let others know about their existence. If your garage floor is ugly, give garage floor tiles a look - you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment